This casserole is perfect when there's a busy day coming up, because you can prepare it ahead of time. It's ideal for a potluck, too. The flavors blend together to create a delicious combination.
- 1 package (8 ounces) egg noodles
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 jar (2 ounces) sliced pimientos, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. Add the next 10 ingredients. Drain noodles; stir into mixture.
Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until heated through.
Freeze option: Cool unbaked casserole; cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake casserole as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Beef Noodle Casserole in Country Extra September 1995, p51
Reviews for Beef Noodle Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review