- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) French bread
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, parsley, basil and garlic. Cover and microwave until butter is melted. Stir in cheese.
- Cut the bread in half lengthwise; place cut side down on an uncovered grill over medium heat for 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Brush cut side with the butter mixture. Grill or broil 1-2 minutes longer. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Basil Garlic Bread
Sort By :
This was pretty good, but I did think it could use some more flavor. Next time I would increase the basil and maybe add some onion salt. The parsley doesn't add a lot to the taste although it makes the bread look wonderful to serve.