This is a must have accompaniment in my home. It goes well with Italian dishes to a simple salad dishes.—Stephanie Moon, Boise, Idaho.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) French bread
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, parsley, basil and garlic. Cover and microwave until butter is melted. Stir in cheese.
- Cut the bread in half lengthwise; place cut side down on an uncovered grill over medium heat for 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Brush cut side with the butter mixture. Grill or broil 1-2 minutes longer. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Basil Garlic Bread in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p21
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Basil Garlic Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review