- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 4 onion rolls, split and toasted
- 4 slices red onion
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- Spread cream cheese over cut side of roll tops. Place burgers, onion and avocado on roll bottoms; replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Basil Burger Patties
Sort By :
"These were really good and a nice change of pace. I will definitely make again."
"I made these slider size and added a fresh picked tomato to the toppings. Used chopped fresh basil instead of minced. Was skeptical of the cream cheese, but yum! Delicious!"
"I'm not normally the biggest fan when it comes to homemade burgers, but now I am. This burger was AMAZING! Simple and easy to make, and the flavors were all great together. Make these burgers, you won't be disappointed."
"I tried your recipe. Based on the high starts status, i expected much. Could not have been more dissapointed. Sorry, but this sucks and is a detriment to the true burger."
"Was simply delicious!!! My husband LOVED them and doesn't normally like burgers. All the different flavors melded nicely together! Can't wait to make these for guests!!!"