"I've brought these beefy chili dogs to family functions for years," writes Marion Lowery of Medford, Oregon. "The ingredients cook while you're at a game or other activity, so the meal is ready when you get home."
- 1 package (1 pound) hot dogs
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) chili without beans
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 10 hot dog buns, split
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 cups corn chips, coarsely crushed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Place hot dogs in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the chili, soup and green chilies; pour over hot dogs. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Serve hot dogs in buns; top with chili mixture, onion, corn chips and cheese. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Bandito Chili Dogs in Quick Cooking March/April 2002, p45
Reviews for Bandito Chili Dogs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review