Banana Pecan Loaf Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- PINEAPPLE SPREAD:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup canned crushed pineapple, well drained
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture. Fold in pecans.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and pineapple. Serve with bread. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Banana Pecan Loaf(9)
Sort By :
My family loves this and I have made it several times to take to work. I have been asked many times for the recipe. As many have stated it is good without the pineapple cream cheese spread, but I absolutely love the way the banana bread tastes with the spread. Thanks for sharing an excellent recipe.
I've used this recipe time and again! I did omit the nuts and used semi-sweet chocolate chips. I also used 1/2 brown & 1/2 white sugar! I used 1 tsp. each of baking powder, baking soda, salt & 1 tsp.
vanilla extract & t enhance the flavor, I added 1 Tbsp. of ground Navel orange.
I purposely didn't prepare the cream cheese spread! I use two greased and floured 8-1/2x4-1/2x2-1/2"loaf pans, greased and floured & divided batter evenly among the 2 loaf pans. I did bake 50 to 60 minutes and added 1/8 cup all-purpose flour to mix in with the chocolate chips! This banana bread recipe is definitely a keeper! Thank you, LeeAnn Miller! Dawn E. Lowenstein
The chocolate chip cookie recipe with this revolutionized chocolate chip cookies for me, but I can't say this did the same. It was ok, but I think there are better banana bread recipes out there.
Definitely make this again. It was a huge hit with my family. It was moist and very flavorful.
I use this recipe all the time! I made a few changes: I use margarine(1/2 c.), I added : 1 tsp. vanilla ext., I use 1 c. all-purpose flour and 1 c. whole-wheat flour and I omit the pecans because I am allergic! It turns out really moist and yummy! I also do not make the pineapple spread - it is so good plain!! Thanks for a wonderful recipe!!