Banana Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2)
- 1-3/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; beat in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg, bananas and oats; mix well. Stir in chips and nuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Banana Oatmeal Cookies(19)
Sort By :
These are a very nice cookie. With or without nuts, they're a fantastic alternative to banana bread when you have bananas to use up. Don't be afraid to follow the instructions as written. They're different from standard cookie baking procedure but they work fine.
Use parchment or a Silpat to keep from greasing your pan.
I threw in a half tsp of banana extract that ramped up the banana flavor nicely.
If you add nuts, take the time to toast them before you use them. Your effort will be rewarded with wonderful flavor. I ended up with 3.5 doz using my standard cookie scoop.
I made this recipe using all the ingredients except the nuts,as I can't have nuts so I used sunflower seeds and these cookies are good but I like a chewier cookie. Good recipe.
Always looking for something other than banana bread to make with those too ripe bananas. These cookies were delicious. A great treat for the kids by themselves or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top!
nice and moist and quick and easy.. my type of recipe.. I added some ginger to this.. very good..
Just what I am looking for -- a soft oatmeal- banana cookie, but I only have old fashioned rolled oats. If I break the oats down by running them through the blender, do you think I will still get the same results? Thanks for any suggestions.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Cookies >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Nut Cookies >
- Nut Recipes >
- Oatmeal Cookies >
- Super Bowl Party Desserts >