- 4 cups cubed day-old French or sourdough bread (1-in. pieces)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sliced firm bananas (1/4-inch pieces)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the bread cubes in a greased 2-qt. casserole; pour butter over and toss to coat. In a medium bowl, lightly beat eggs; add milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Stir in bananas.
- Pour over bread cubes and stir to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, melt butter in a small saucepan. Combine sugar and cornstarch; add to butter. Stir in milk and corn syrup. Cook and stir over medium heat until the mixture comes to a full boil. Boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in the vanilla. Serve warm sauce over warm pudding. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Banana Bread Pudding
"Bread pudding has always been a favorite in my family. This recipe takes it to the next level for me because of the bananas. Absolutely delicious! Making a second pan with chocolate chips thrown in with the bananas. That was my son's suggestion."
"This is the recipe i go to when ever I have a dinner party and I want to impress my guests, you should hear the oows and aaahaws and the many complements I receive. I think the Theking1660 should all have their taste buds examined. I consider this one of my most decadent recopies in my collection! I would give it 10 stars."
"We each took one bite of it before adding sauce and threw it in the garbage. I would keep looking for another recipe, I'm sure there are better ones online."
"it's very easy to make and really really good, the only thing I did different was let it sit for a couple of hrs. That allows the flavors to meld together and makes it even more yummy. I would definitely make it again."