Pears and dried cherries go amazingly well with chicken and balsamic vinegar. We use them to make a clean-your-plate meal for together time. —Marcia Whitney, Gainesville, Florida
Featured In: 30 Salad Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 medium unpeeled pears, each cut into 8 wedges
- 1/3 cup dried cherries or dried cranberries
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook until a thermometer reads 165°, 8-10 minutes. Remove.
- Meanwhile, stir together next five ingredients until blended. Pour into skillet; add pears and dried cherries. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat and simmer, covered, until pears are tender, about 5 minutes. Return chicken to skillet; simmer, uncovered, until heated through, 3-5 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with additional minced rosemary. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Balsamic Chicken & Pears in Taste of Home December 2016
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Balsamic Chicken & Pears
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 29, 2016
"Easy and tasty!"