For example, she took the concept for the fast-food chicken snacks her children love and turned out home-cooked Sesame Chicken Strips. "I start with chicken that is partially frozen, because it's easier to cut," Lorri notes. "Then I cover it with an easy crushed cracker coating. A hint of ginger really jazzes up the flavor."
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup crushed sesame snack crackers (about 30 crackers)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- In a shallow bowl, combine the butter and soy sauce. In another shallow bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, ginger and salt. Dip chicken strips in butter mixture, then roll in crumbs until coated on all sides.
- Place in a single layer on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sesame Chicken Strips in Quick Cooking May/June 2001, p14
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Baked Sesame Chicken Strips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 2, 2013
"I used Town House Flip Side crackers and also added some Parmesan cheese to the coating. Delicious!"