Baked Mushroom Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Flatten each chicken breast half to 1/4-in. thickness. Place flour in a resealable plastic bag; add chicken, a few pieces at a time. Seal and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in 2 tablespoons butter on both sides. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in the remaining butter until tender. Add the broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup. Spoon over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Sprinkle with cheeses and green onions. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Baked Mushroom Chicken
Sort By :
So good! If you love mushrooms, you have to try this recipe!
This was easy and tasty. I would add garlic to the mushroom saute next time and double the recipe - I bet it'd be great as leftovers.
This recipe was excellent! It was easy to make, too. My husband even gave it 5 stars and he doesn't give many recipes that high a rating. It would make a great dish for company. Served it with brown rice, Lemon Butter Green Beans and Strawberry Spinach Salad.
T his was so yummy and easy! We will definetely make again.
great tasting, easy to make,