- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Flatten each chicken breast half to 1/4-in. thickness. Place flour in a resealable plastic bag; add chicken, a few pieces at a time. Seal and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in 2 tablespoons butter on both sides. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in the remaining butter until tender. Add the broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup. Spoon over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Sprinkle with cheeses and green onions. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Baked Mushroom Chicken
"Followed recipe exactly & is delicious."
"I looked at the recipe and thought it would be good. It looked so easy. It was VERY easy and VERY good. I would serve this at a wedding or wedding like event. It was great as leftovers as well. I added onion, parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper to the chicken in the frying pan. I didn't fry it as long and let it bake in the oven longer."
"This was VERY tasty! Loved how easy it was, too! I doubled the ingredients for the sauce; served chicken and sauce over rice. I will definitely make this recipe again and again!"
"So yummy! My husband loved it and he is not even a fan of mushrooms! Will definitely make again!"
"Excellent! Can't wait to make again."