Baked Mushroom Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Flatten each chicken breast half to 1/4-in. thickness. Place flour in a resealable plastic bag; add chicken, a few pieces at a time. Seal and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in 2 tablespoons butter on both sides. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in the remaining butter until tender. Add the broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup. Spoon over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Sprinkle with cheeses and green onions. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Baked Mushroom Chicken
Sort By :
T his was so yummy and easy! We will definetely make again.
great tasting, easy to make,
This may be the best chicken recipe that I have ever made. It is outstanding and can't wait to have the leftovers.
My kids said the word "amazing" countless times tonight. It was a big hit! In addition to being family friendly, it's party worthy. A definite keeper!
This chicken turned out very flavorful and moist. I left out the mushrooms and added onions and Italian herbs, as I did not have any mushrooms. It is a great gourmet-style recipe that is not too complicated! I would definitely make this again!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Chicken >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >