- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Flatten each chicken breast half to 1/4-in. thickness. Place flour in a resealable plastic bag; add chicken, a few pieces at a time. Seal and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in 2 tablespoons butter on both sides. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in the remaining butter until tender. Add the broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup. Spoon over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Sprinkle with cheeses and green onions. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Baked Mushroom Chicken
Sort By :
"Easy, quick, and tasty chicken dish... very tende rand love the cheeses in this recipe. I plan to make this again soon."
"Excellent dish! Wonderful flavor! I couldn't believe that I made it. Just the right amount of everything! Thanks for a wonderful recipe!!!"
"Outstanding! One of the best chicken dishes I've ever found too. Slight modifications I made include the use of chicken tenders, and onion powder and garlic powder added to the mushrooms (I didn't have any green onions). To echo previous comment, this is a new favorite!"
"This is excellent , I did add garlic as we love it and it was great, a new favorite!"
"I was looking for a recipe to use ingredients that I had left over, so I used onion powder instead of green onions and a sprinkling of extra-sharp cheddar cheese instead of mozzarella. My family was totally over the moon for this dish. Superb!"