Baked in apple cider and orange juice, this tender ham is brushed with a sweet-tangy mustard and marmalade glaze. For more flavor, serve the slices with extra glaze on the side.
Recommended: 43 Ways to Make Classic Irish Food at Home
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (6 to 7 pounds)
- 2 cups apple cider or unsweetened juice
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Score the surface of the ham, making diamond shapes 1/4 in. deep. Add cider and orange juice to pan. Loosely cover ham with foil; bake at 325° for 1 hour. Combine remaining ingredients; brush some over ham.
- Bake, uncovered, 45-60 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°, brushing occasionally with glaze. Serve with remaining glaze. Yield: 15 servings.
Originally published as Baked Ham with Orange Glaze in Light & Tasty October/November 2001, p14
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Baked Ham with Orange Glaze
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 5, 2013