Baked Chicken Chimichangas Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1-1/2 cups picante sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup chopped green onions, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine chicken, 3/4 cup picante sauce, cheese, 1/4 cup onions, cumin and oregano. Spoon 1/2 cup mixture down the center of each tortilla. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Place seam side down in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Brush with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Top with remaining picante sauce and onions. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Baked Chicken Chimichangas
Sort By :
"These were excellent! I used leftover chicken from the honey spice chicken recipe on the website. Will definitely be making these again!"
"What a tasty meal! Hubby and I both say 'it's a keeper!' The easiest Chimichangas I've ever made. Definitely recommend it."
"Delicious. Marinated chicken with taco seasoning and italian dressing first. Add rice or beans."
"Very tasty! I love that its not deep -fried!"
"Quick and easy with delish results."