- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1-1/2 cups picante sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup chopped green onions, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine chicken, 3/4 cup picante sauce, cheese, 1/4 cup onions, cumin and oregano. Spoon 1/2 cup mixture down the center of each tortilla. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Place seam side down in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Brush with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Top with remaining picante sauce and onions. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Baked Chicken Chimichangas
"I was not expecting them to be so tasty. I did substitute 3/4 c. of medium taco sauce for 3/4 c. of the picante sauce as I did not have enough. Perhaps that was the secret ingredient to make them so tasty!"
"Loved this dish! Had 3 guests at my house for this meal and hey also loved it. Great flavor."
"Love chimis and the idea of baking, but wasn't a big hit. Flavor wasn't what was expected."
"Yummy! I used whole wheat tortillas for me and flour tortillas for my hubby. His were crispy, but the whole wheat tortillas did not crisp up. But they were still very good nonetheless!"
"Very good way to use leftover chicken, very tastey. My family loved it. Thank You! LeeAnn Treacher"
"Thought this would be better. I really liked the idea of baking the chimichangas, but I think i can find one I like better . Just so so flavor."
"These were delicious! Everyone loved them."
"My family really enjoyed these. I added a can of enchilada sauce over the top, sprinkled with more cheese then added the onion. I brushed the chimichangas with olive oil by mistake but one wouldn't notice. Great to bake rather than fry. Heated up nicely for leftovers. Good recipe!"
"Easy to make and tasted great. Hubby loved it. Always a good sign. Thanks."