- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1-1/2 cups picante sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup chopped green onions, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine chicken, 3/4 cup picante sauce, cheese, 1/4 cup onions, cumin and oregano. Spoon 1/2 cup mixture down the center of each tortilla. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Place seam side down in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Brush with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Top with remaining picante sauce and onions. Yield: 6 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Baked Chicken Chimichangas
Sort By :
"Very good way to use leftover chicken, very tastey. My family loved it. Thank You! LeeAnn Treacher"
"Thought this would be better. I really liked the idea of baking the chimichangas, but I think i can find one I like better . Just so so flavor."
"These were delicious! Everyone loved them."
"My family really enjoyed these. I added a can of enchilada sauce over the top, sprinkled with more cheese then added the onion. I brushed the chimichangas with olive oil by mistake but one wouldn't notice. Great to bake rather than fry. Heated up nicely for leftovers. Good recipe!"