Baked Chicken Chimichangas Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1-1/2 cups picante sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup chopped green onions, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken, 3/4 cup picante sauce, cheese, 1/4 cup onions, cumin and oregano. Spoon 1/2 cup mixture down the center of each tortilla. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Place seam side down in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Brush with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Top with remaining picante sauce and onions. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Baked Chicken Chimichangas(20)
Sort By :
Very good! Very easy to make!
Very easy and they do crisp up like they are fried. I know the recipe is meant to be light but I did go heavier with the cheese in the recipe. I froze a couple but haven't tried them yet.
I really enjoyed these...simple and tasty. My husband, however, didn't really like them.
This was just an ok recipe I don't think that I will be making it again.
I ate a Chimichanga at a Mexican restaurant last week & when I saw this recipe I knew I had to try it - and I'm not sorry! They were delicious. Much better than from the restaurant. I made the tortillas from a TOH recipe, and instead of using picante sauce the recipe called for, made the sauce from the Garlic Beef Enchilada TOH recipe, subbing chicken broth for beef broth. For those who can't take "hot", I would cut down on the chili powder & cumin, & definitely don't use Rotel tomatoes as someone suggested! My tortilla recipe made 8 - 8" tortillas, so I too, would double the recipe to have enough. The recipe is way too much for hubby & me, so I baked them all & put some in the freezer.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Baked Chicken >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >