My mother used to add bacon to a lot of recipes for extra flavor. So I modified this potato waffle by doing just that. It's a great recipe for using up leftover mashed potatoe, and it goes so well with applesauce. — Laura Fall-Sutton, Buhl, Idaho
Recommended: Breakfast Ideas for People Who Don't Like Eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 5 tablespoons bacon drippings or canola oil
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- Chunky applesauce
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, mashed potatoes, milk and bacon drippings. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in bacon and onion.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Serve with applesauce. Yield: 12 waffles.
Originally published as Bacon Potato Waffles with Applesauce in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p184
Reviews for Bacon Potato Waffles with Applesauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review