- 4 large baking potatoes, baked
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (save pulp for another use). Place potatoes skins on a greased baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, paprika and pepper; brush over both sides of skins.
- Bake at 475° for 7 minutes on each side or until crisp. Sprinkle bacon and cheddar cheese inside skins. Bake 2 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Top with sour cream and onions. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Bacon Cheddar Potato Skins(10)
Sort By :
Delicious! I'm going to need to tweak it though, not as crisp as I expected. Maybe take out my potato?
Great recipe that received several compliments. I highly recommend.
I finally found a potato skin recipe with great taste and just the right crispness! My whole family loved them and said these were the best skins they ever had!
These were awesome! Just made them for the Super Bowl tonight. They take a little time but it's worth it! I omitted the salt on others' suggestions but next time I'll add it and see. We thought it was missing a little salt, however, I use lower sodium bacon so maybe that is the difference. Great recipe!
These are fantastic! I made them as an appetizer for my yearly cookie dough party and for xmas eve at my in-laws. Big hit. Will make again soon but just for us!