- 4 large baking potatoes, baked
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (save pulp for another use). Place potatoes skins on a greased baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, paprika and pepper; brush over both sides of skins.
- Bake at 475° for 7 minutes on each side or until crisp. Sprinkle bacon and cheddar cheese inside skins. Bake 2 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Top with sour cream and onions. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Bacon Cheddar Potato Skins(12)
Sort By :
Great easy recipe. Received rave reviews at our super bowl party. Have made them again using a jar of bacon bits and still received request for the recipe.
I will never want to order potato skins at a restaurant again, these are better.
Delicious! I'm going to need to tweak it though, not as crisp as I expected. Maybe take out my potato?
Great recipe that received several compliments. I highly recommend.
I finally found a potato skin recipe with great taste and just the right crispness! My whole family loved them and said these were the best skins they ever had!