Bacon and Eggs Casserole Recipe
- 4 bacon strips
- 18 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towel to drain.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, cheese, sour cream, onions, salt and pepper.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Crumble bacon and sprinkle on top. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Bacon and Eggs Casserole
Sort By :
This is absolutely delicious!
This is my go-to recipe during the cold winter months! My family loves this dish, and I change it up by adding cooked sausage or diced ham. You can also make it a "western" version by adding sauteed onions and green peppers. Depending on your seasoning preference, you can add cumin, curry or Adobo all-purpose seasoning.
I add flavor to this old standby by using 1 t Lawry's salt & 1 t salt and skip the pepper. I omit the onions as well and usually put the cheese on top to melt. Delicious main dish and also great for cutting into squares or rounds for sandwiches (sausage-egg biscuits, egg and cheese croissants, egg bagels, even breakfast burritos. Very versatile and always well liked!
this was a horrible recipe! I even added more bacon for taste, but no help. i'll never make this again, especially wasting 18 eggs!
I made it with lot more bacon and double cheese and it was a huge hit. Very easy. Will definitely make again.