Bacon and Eggs Casserole Recipe
- 4 bacon strips
- 18 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towel to drain.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, cheese, sour cream, onions, salt and pepper.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Crumble bacon and sprinkle on top. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Bacon and Eggs Casserole
Sort By :
"It was great. I did add more bacon and cheese as a personal preference - sprinkled some cheese on top as well. I didn't have fresh chives so I sprinkled some dried chopped onions and freeze dried chives and it tasted good. Used nonfat dried milk as it was all I had at home. Great recipe thanks for sharing it with us. We ate it on Sunday then cut it up in squares in zip lock baggies and took to heat and eat at work. It was very good and a great quick breakfast for work days"
"This is absolutely delicious!"
"This is my go-to recipe during the cold winter months! My family loves this dish, and I change it up by adding cooked sausage or diced ham. You can also make it a "western" version by adding sauteed onions and green peppers. Depending on your seasoning preference, you can add cumin, curry or Adobo all-purpose seasoning."
"I add flavor to this old standby by using 1 t Lawry's salt & 1 t salt and skip the pepper. I omit the onions as well and usually put the cheese on top to melt. Delicious main dish and also great for cutting into squares or rounds for sandwiches (sausage-egg biscuits, egg and cheese croissants, egg bagels, even breakfast burritos. Very versatile and always well liked!"
"this was a horrible recipe! I even added more bacon for taste, but no help. i'll never make this again, especially wasting 18 eggs!"