- 4 bacon strips
- 18 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towel to drain.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, cheese, sour cream, onions, salt and pepper.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Crumble bacon and sprinkle on top. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Bacon and Eggs Casserole
"Made this as written and it was a bit bland to me. However it is a fantastic base recipe! Second time I halved the recipe, used an 8x8 pan, subbed half the milk for heavy cream, added a pinch of cajun seasoning and some ground mustard and pepper. Added two extra slices of bacon but didn't put those on until he last five minutes of baking. Reheats well! Going to try this with sausage next week. Thank you!"
"Delicious. Just one question/comment. Eggs were a little bit watery but seemed cooked. Suggestions?"
"It was great. I did add more bacon and cheese as a personal preference - sprinkled some cheese on top as well. I didn't have fresh chives so I sprinkled some dried chopped onions and freeze dried chives and it tasted good. Used nonfat dried milk as it was all I had at home. Great recipe thanks for sharing it with us. We ate it on Sunday then cut it up in squares in zip lock baggies and took to heat and eat at work. It was very good and a great quick breakfast for work days"
"This is absolutely delicious!"
"This is my go-to recipe during the cold winter months! My family loves this dish, and I change it up by adding cooked sausage or diced ham. You can also make it a "western" version by adding sauteed onions and green peppers. Depending on your seasoning preference, you can add cumin, curry or Adobo all-purpose seasoning."