Bacon and Eggs Casserole Recipe
- 4 bacon strips
- 18 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towel to drain.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, cheese, sour cream, onions, salt and pepper.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Crumble bacon and sprinkle on top. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Bacon and Eggs Casserole(24)
Sort By :
Made this this morning. Didn't have the green onions so I left them out. Mixing the sour cream smooth was a bit of a challenge, I wonder if I should have used a mixer? I would mix the milk with the sour cream separately next time to see if that helps. I cut the recipe in half and used a 9 x 9 pan. Baked perfect in 45 minutes. I would add one more slice of bacon next time (3 instead of 2 for a half recipe). Not as good as the brunch casserole recipe I inherited from Mom, but it is lot easier to make so it is a keeper!
I used 12 eggs, no bacon/green onion and some more seasonings. Very light and fluffy - and nice to have an egg bake without bread in it!
Excellent! I added a 1/2 lb of cooked bulk sausage. It was easy and yummy!
This is yummy - my oldest son is a vegetarian so I cook bacon (sometimes sausage) and serve it on the side rather than adding it to the mix - then everyone's happy.
***** Haven't a chance to make this yet but it sounds delicious, and easy. Could I use turkey bacon? My daughter's family don't eat pork. Thanks
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Country Woman Breakfast Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >