When it’s time for a party, everyone requests this ultimate cheese ball. It works as a spreadable dip and makes a fabulous hostess gift. —Sue Franklin, Lake St. Louis, Missouri
Featured In: 40 Appetizers for Fall Celebrations
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crumbled cooked bacon (about 12 strips), divided
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Stir in shredded cheeses, 1/2 cup bacon, 1/4 cup pecans, onion, pimientos, pickle relish, salt and pepper. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, mix parsley, poppy seeds and remaining bacon and pecans. Spread half of parsley mixture on a large piece of plastic. Shape half of the cheese mixture into a ball; roll in parsley mixture to coat evenly. Wrap in plastic. Repeat. Refrigerate at least 1 hour. Serve with crackers. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Bacon, Cheddar and Swiss Cheese Ball in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p11
Reviews for Bacon, Cheddar and Swiss Cheese Ball
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review