- 1-2/3 cups (about 8-1/4 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium ripe avocados, peeled
- Tortilla chips
- Combine corn, olives, red pepper and onion. In another bowl, mix the next seven ingredients. Pour over corn mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Just before serving, chop avocados; stir into salsa. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: about 7 cups.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Avocado Salsa
"This has been a go to recipe for me for years and anyone who likes avocados loves it. Why do so many people think that they have to change the recipe to rate it. It is delicious just as is. When you change it you are not really rating that recipe."
"Used this recipe for a family get together. It was hit and miss. I made the recipe as is.... which is something I rarely do. LOL! Next time I will tweak it with different seasonings and using lime juice instead of the vinegar. I think this has potential."
"Absolutely wonderful but I used Lime juice and yes added fresh cilantro"
"Served this at a shower and everyone loved it and wanted the recipe. Try it and you'll be hooked!"
"LOVED this recipe! Added black beans, cilantro and tomatoes and it was delicious, easy and crowd pleasing will definitely make again!"
"This salsa is delicious! I tweaked it a little because I just can't see salsa without tomatoes. So I added a can of Rotel (medium strength)."
"This is perfect as is. I didn't have to change anything. Served for a party and it was gone in no time. Get ready to give out recipes for this. Perfect for Superbowl party!"
"This is absolutely delicious! I added a can of black beans, rinsed and drained, two chopped Roma tomatoes, and a handful of chopped cilantro. It's amazing!"
"I loved it but would like to know the nutritional diabetic values since I am a Type 1 diabetic I need to know what carb count there is so I know how much extra insulin to take."