- 1-2/3 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium ripe avocados, peeled
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine corn, olives, red pepper and onion. In a small bowl, combine garlic, oil, lemon juice, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper. Pour over corn mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, chop avocados and stir into salsa. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: about 7 cups.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Avocado Salsa
Sort By :
"Absolutely wonderful but I used Lime juice and yes added fresh cilantro"
"Served this at a shower and everyone loved it and wanted the recipe. Try it and you'll be hooked!"
"LOVED this recipe! Added black beans, cilantro and tomatoes and it was delicious, easy and crowd pleasing will definitely make again!"
"This salsa is delicious! I tweaked it a little because I just can't see salsa without tomatoes. So I added a can of Rotel (medium strength)."
"This is perfect as is. I didn't have to change anything. Served for a party and it was gone in no time. Get ready to give out recipes for this. Perfect for Superbowl party!"