Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the broth, potatoes, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- Place avocados in a blender; add potato mixture. Cover and puree. Return to the pan; heat through. Garnish with sour cream and bacon.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 241 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 658mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Mar 11, 2016
Delicious! The only change I made was the addition of a slice of cheddar cheese with jalape?o which I stirred into the soup until melted. Will definitely make again!
Jan 24, 2013
I loved this. It was a very nice mix of flavor and different then anything I've ever made.
Oct 29, 2011
I thought this soup was a little too thick when I got the final product so I added another can of broth to thin it out a bit. If I were to make this again I would use real bacon chopped into very small pieces and cooked till crisp then I would transfer them to a plate and sautee my onion in the bacon drippings rather than butter then add the broth 3 cans instead of 2 then fisnish the rest of it the way it is written
Sep 21, 2010
This soup was delicious and so easy to make, even my husband who claims to not like avocados highly complemented this soup, it was so creamy without any added cream! Will definitely make it again!