When I found this recipe, I was planning a party and thought it might be fun, different salsa to set out with chips. It was an absolute success. People love the garlic, corn and avocado combination. —Susan Vandermeer, Ogden, Utah
- 1-2/3 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium ripe avocados, peeled
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine corn, olives, red pepper and onion. In a small bowl, combine garlic, oil, lemon juice, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper. Pour over corn mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, chop avocados and stir into salsa. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: about 7 cups.
Originally published as Avocado Salsa in Taste of Home October/November 1997, p29
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Avocado Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review