- 1-2/3 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium ripe avocados, peeled
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine corn, olives, red pepper and onion. In a small bowl, combine garlic, oil, lemon juice, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper. Pour over corn mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, chop avocados and stir into salsa. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: about 7 cups.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Avocado Salsa
Sort By :
"Used this recipe for a family get together. It was hit and miss. I made the recipe as is.... which is something I rarely do. LOL! Next time I will tweak it with different seasonings and using lime juice instead of the vinegar. I think this has potential."
"Absolutely wonderful but I used Lime juice and yes added fresh cilantro"
"Served this at a shower and everyone loved it and wanted the recipe. Try it and you'll be hooked!"
"LOVED this recipe! Added black beans, cilantro and tomatoes and it was delicious, easy and crowd pleasing will definitely make again!"