This delicious salad is high in protein and holds well in the fridge for a few days. If you make it ahead, add avocados and tomatoes right before serving. —Elizabeth Bennett, Seattle, Washington
Featured In: 65 Heart-Healthy Suppers
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 4 green onions, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Cook quinoa according to package directions; transfer to a large bowl and cool slightly.
- Add beans, tomatoes, cheese, avocado and green onions to quinoa; gently stir to combine. In a small bowl, whisk the first five dressing ingredients. Gradually whisk in oil until blended. Drizzle over salad; gently toss to coat. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Avocado & Garbanzo Bean Quinoa Salad in Light Recipes 2015, p88
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Avocado & Garbanzo Bean Quinoa Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review