"This hearty hot dish relies on a package of au gratin potatoes for simple preparation," notes Linda Muir of Big Lake, Minnesota. Chock-full of beef, potatoes, corn, tomatoes and cheese, this southwestern supper is sure to be a hit in your home.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package (4.9 ounces) au gratin potatoes
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the potatoes and contents of sauce mix, corn, tomatoes, milk, water and taco seasoning. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Au Gratin Taco Bake in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p41
Reviews for Au Gratin Taco Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2014
"extremley fast and easy to make. will make again."
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2014
"Fast, easy, economical and delicious!"
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2013
"Very tasty and so easy to make."
Reviewed May. 18, 2013
"This was very good and easy to make. Great served with tortilla chips."
Reviewed May. 2, 2013