Asparagus with Mustard Sauce Recipe
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Place asparagus in a shallow baking dish; dot with butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover and bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until tender.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 1 to 1-1/4 minutes or until heated through. Serve with asparagus. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Asparagus with Mustard Sauce
Sort By :
My family loves asparagus, and this is one of our very favorite ways to prepare it.
I loved the asparagus fresh out of the oven without the sauce. We didn't care for the mustard sauce. It wasn't a pleasant flavor. I would not make again!
If you are a fan of mustard this is a "must" a make!