- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Place asparagus in a shallow baking dish; dot with butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover and bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until tender.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 1 to 1-1/4 minutes or until heated through. Serve with asparagus. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Asparagus with Mustard Sauce
Sort By :
"My family loves asparagus, and this is one of our very favorite ways to prepare it."
"I loved the asparagus fresh out of the oven without the sauce. We didn't care for the mustard sauce. It wasn't a pleasant flavor. I would not make again!"
"If you are a fan of mustard this is a "must" a make!"