Asparagus with Mustard Sauce Recipe
Here in Iowa, asparagus patches grow wild along the roads. My husband and I often go asparagus hunting on Saturday and Sunday mornings. A tangy mustard sauce complements the fresh asparagus in this easy recipe. -Nancy Hasbrouck Ida Grove, Iowa
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Place asparagus in a shallow baking dish; dot with butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover and bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until tender.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Cover and microwave on high for 1 to 1-1/4 minutes or until heated through. Serve with asparagus. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus with Mustard Sauce in Taste of Home April/May 2004, p29
Reviews for Asparagus with Mustard Sauce(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 5, 2011
I loved the asparagus fresh out of the oven without the sauce. We didn't care for the mustard sauce. It wasn't a pleasant flavor. I would not make again!
Reviewed Feb. 14, 2009
If you are a fan of mustard this is a "must" a make!