Asparagus with Horseradish Dip
This is a great hot weather party dip. Serve asparagus on a decorative platter with lemon wedges on the side for garnish. A great flavor variation is to use chopped garlic in place of the horseradish. —Mildred Lynn Caruso, Brighton, Tennessee
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 32 fresh asparagus spears (about 2 pounds), trimmed
- 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Place asparagus in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 2-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Serve with asparagus.
Nutrition Facts2 asparagus spears with 1 tablespoon dip: 63 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 146mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat.
Originally published as Party Asparagus Dip in Healthy Cooking April/May 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.