Lovely asparagus peeks out of every slice of this hearty quiche, which is delicious and a little different. I like to make it for special occasions—it's a welcome addition to any brunch buffet. —Suzanne McKinley, Lyons, Georgia
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Line the unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes; remove foil. Bake 5 minutes longer; remove from the oven and set aside.
- Cook asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender, about 3-4 minutes; drain well. Arrange the bacon and asparagus in the crust.
- In a bowl, beat eggs; add cream, 1/2 cup cheese, onions, sugar, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Pour over asparagus. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 23-25 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Asparagus Bacon Quiche in Taste of Home April/May 1997, p29
Reviews for Asparagus Bacon Quiche
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review