Asparagus, Bacon & Herbed Cheese Pizza
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 6 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2-1/4 cups cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup garlic-herb spreadable cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 450°. Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan or baking sheet; brush top with 4 teaspoons oil. Top with mozzarella cheese, asparagus and bacon. Drop spreadable cheese by teaspoonfuls over pizza. Sprinkle with pepper flakes; drizzle with remaining oil.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 407 calories, 24g fat (11g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 748mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Apr 9, 2018
I put this recipe on 2 mini pizzas instead of 1 large pizza. I also used herbed goat cheese as the "spreadable cheese". Between the two smaller pizzas, I only needed a little less than 1C of asparagus, 2 ounces of goat cheese, and about 3 tbsp of crumbled bacon. I used real bacon bits in place of making my own bacon to save time. I also put the pizzas in for about 7-8 minutes each. This was SO delicious! I can't even describe how delicious this was. My only regret is that I had to stop eating because I was full. 5 stars, definitely making this one again!
Feb 21, 2017
Great pizza. Will try with some canned chicken next time. The cheese spread didn't melt like I thought it would so maybe I will try spreading it on the crust next time.
Jul 30, 2013
In my family, anything with bacon is automatically good! We didn't have spreadable cheese, but a few teaspoons of crumbled bleu cheese added plenty of flavor. I was afraid that the asparagus wouldn't be tender with such short cooking time, but it was just fine. This is a nice twist to pizza that is quick, easy, and delicious.
Jul 3, 2013
Fixed this tonight for the first time and it "will not" be the last. Hubby an I enjoyed this very much. Thanks for a great pizza.
Jun 12, 2013
My family really liked this! Pretty quick to make, too!
Jun 6, 2013
wowweeee wow wow!! my husband, son, and I are head over heels for this pizza! I found a recipe online for garlic-herb cheese spread at http://old.post-gazette.com/food/20011018autumna.asp The end result was absolutely scrumptious! I'm forwarding it to friends!
Jun 5, 2013
Oh my goodness - this is so delicious. I lightened it up with a little less olive oil & center cut bacon. I also subbed Hidden Valley Garlic Parmesan spread for the Garlic Herb spread. This recipe is definitely a keeper in my house!!
May 21, 2013
Just tried it. . . pretty good. Added mushrooms & sliced pepperoncini.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.