Asparagus, Bacon & Herbed Cheese Pizza
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 6 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2-1/4 cups cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup garlic-herb spreadable cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 450°. Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan or baking sheet; brush top with 4 teaspoons oil. Top with mozzarella cheese, asparagus and bacon. Drop spreadable cheese by teaspoonfuls over pizza. Sprinkle with pepper flakes; drizzle with remaining oil.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 407 calories, 24g fat (11g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 748mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 9, 2018
I put this recipe on 2 mini pizzas instead of 1 large pizza. I also used herbed goat cheese as the "spreadable cheese". Between the two smaller pizzas, I only needed a little less than 1C of asparagus, 2 ounces of goat cheese, and about 3 tbsp of crumbled bacon. I used real bacon bits in place of making my own bacon to save time. I also put the pizzas in for about 7-8 minutes each. This was SO delicious! I can't even describe how delicious this was. My only regret is that I had to stop eating because I was full. 5 stars, definitely making this one again!
Feb 21, 2017
Great pizza. Will try with some canned chicken next time. The cheese spread didn't melt like I thought it would so maybe I will try spreading it on the crust next time.
Jul 30, 2013
In my family, anything with bacon is automatically good! We didn't have spreadable cheese, but a few teaspoons of crumbled bleu cheese added plenty of flavor. I was afraid that the asparagus wouldn't be tender with such short cooking time, but it was just fine. This is a nice twist to pizza that is quick, easy, and delicious.
Jul 3, 2013
Fixed this tonight for the first time and it "will not" be the last. Hubby an I enjoyed this very much. Thanks for a great pizza.
Jun 12, 2013
My family really liked this! Pretty quick to make, too!
Jun 6, 2013
wowweeee wow wow!! my husband, son, and I are head over heels for this pizza! I found a recipe online for garlic-herb cheese spread at http://old.post-gazette.com/food/20011018autumna.asp The end result was absolutely scrumptious! I'm forwarding it to friends!
Jun 5, 2013
Oh my goodness - this is so delicious. I lightened it up with a little less olive oil & center cut bacon. I also subbed Hidden Valley Garlic Parmesan spread for the Garlic Herb spread. This recipe is definitely a keeper in my house!!
May 21, 2013
Just tried it. . . pretty good. Added mushrooms & sliced pepperoncini.