Asparagus Tomato Quiche
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (10 inches)
- 10 fresh asparagus spears
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 medium tomato, cut into 6 slices
- Line unpricked pie shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Remove foil; return to the oven for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven; reduce heat to 350°. Cut six asparagus spears 4 in. long for garnish; set aside. Cut remaining asparagus into 1-in. pieces; place in bottom of pie shell. In a bowl, beat eggs and flour. Add cream, salt, paprika and mustard; beat until smooth. Stir in cheese. Pour over asparagus. Bake for 30 minutes. Arrange asparagus spears, spoke fashion, on top. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Place tomatoes in between asparagus spears.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 19, 2018
This is great recipes, I did it just as it said. My family loved it. We have so many tomatoes this time of year.
Oct 17, 2010
I used an Italian cheese mixture instead of the Swiss.