- 6 pounds pork baby back ribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- 1-1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh gingerroot
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Thinly sliced green onions and sesame seeds, optional
- Place ribs in a 6-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, oil, ginger, garlic and pepper flakes; pour over ribs. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with ribs. Garnish with onions and sesame seeds if desired. Yield: 6 servings (about 4 cups sauce).
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Asian Ribs
Sort By :
I made these ribs for a birthday party I hosted this weekend and everyone raved about them! I used boneless country ribs. I will definitely be making this recipe again!
These ribs were very good and easy. Only had 2-1/2 lbs of baby backs so halved the sauce portion and cooked meat side down in the slow cooker for 6 hrs 40 min, which was a bit too long, so I'll adjust it next time. Served w/ basmati rice and corn on the cob. Did not make gravy, used sauce as is. Will make again.
This is every bit as good (if not better) than the pork ribs served at our favorite Chinese buffet restaurant. Definitely a keeper.
I thought this dish was great! I made a couple subs with it though. I used 1 tbs of ground ginger and country style pork ribs. I thought it had a great flavor and plenty of sauce. The only bummer...my boyfriend wasn't crazy about it. Maybe because of the ginger? Guess that means more leftovers for me!
My first time making ribs, and it was amazingly yummy!!! Will def make again and again!!!
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Rib Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Baby Back Ribs >
- Slow Cooker Pork Recipes >