- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 2 cups fresh corn
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Place edamame in a saucepan and cover with 3 cups water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until tender, adding the corn during the last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain and rinse under cold water. Transfer to a large bowl; add onion and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinaigrette ingredients. Pour over corn mixture and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 3 servings.
Reviews for Asian Corn Succotash
Sort By :
I made this for a gathering, so I took the time to boil fresh sweet corn and then slice it off the cobs. It was also somewhat time-consuming of course to shell the edamame after cooking it... However, this was delicious and very fresh-tasting with the fresh corn, it also is nice and colourful as a side dish.
This is a delicious and very easy recipe. I used canned corn -- the crisp and sweet variety -- and the steam-in-bag edamame, which made it even easier. I don't care for raw onion in salads, so I left it out -- just added a little dried minced onion to the dressing. I will definitely make this again!
Enjoyed by everyone at potluck dinner!