Apricot Ham Steak Recipe
- 4 boneless fully cooked ham steaks (5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash salt
- In a large skillet, saute ham in 1 tablespoon butter until lightly browned on each side and heated through.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the preserves, vinegar, ginger, salt and remaining butter. Cook over medium heat until heated through. Serve with ham. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Apricot Ham Steak(3)
Sort By :
Easy quita and yummy!
I made this with pork loin, it was very good.
Very good! I used a 1-pound ham steak, which I cut into serving-sized pieces before sautÃ©eing it in the butter, and I added the apricot sauce to the skillet and let it cook gently for a couple of minutes, just to get a nice glaze on the ham. I'll make this again for sure.