Apricot Cream Biscuits Recipe
Melt-in-your-mouth good when warm, these shortcut biscuits with a hint of orange prove that the right mix really can offer homemade taste. —Betty Saint Turner, Attalla, Alabama
- 3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- In a large bowl, combine baking mix and orange peel. Stir in cream just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter.
- Place 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a 1-1/4-in.-wide and 1/4-in.-deep indentation in the center of each biscuit.
- In a small bowl, beat apricot preserves and cream cheese until blended. Drop by teaspoonfuls into the center of each biscuit. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Apricot Cream Biscuits in Simple & Delicious December/January 2012, p95
Reviews for Apricot Cream Biscuits(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 27, 2011
I made these for Christmas. They were super easy and turned out very yummy. I will definitely make these again.