Applesauce Cinnamon Oat Muffins Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, combine the applesauce, milk, oil and egg white. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill muffin cups coated with cooking spray three-fourths full.
- Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 400° for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 10 muffins.
Reviews for Applesauce Cinnamon Oat Muffins
Sort By :
"EXCELLENT EXCELLENT EXCELLENT recipe!!! Will definitely make again. They turned out quite moist which is unusual for "healthy" muffins, especially because I replaced the white flour with whole wheat. And they had a delicious flavour!!! I had made a few modifications (so I haven't tried the "original" recipe) as follows:- Switching white flour for whole wheat- Upping the cinnamon content (probably at least double)- Adding a bit of ginger (probably what the recipe called for for cinnamon or a bit less)- Using 1/2 the applesauce (I ran out!)- Using 1 less tablespoon of oil (I'd doubled it, so I used 1/4 cup)- Adding in 1 O% yogurt cup (for moisture to compensate for the applesauce and oil)I also did not try the topping.And it was delicious!! I would also suggest adding nutmeg, allspice, raisins, or walnuts. Yum!!"
"These were delicious and filling! I actually got 12 muffins out of this recipe. I did substitute a few things: white whole wheat flour for AP, splenda and 1/2 t molasses for brown sugar inside muffins (I used regular brown sugar for the topping) and almond milk for the skim milk. I also added 1/4 t nutmeg to the batter and a dash of nutmeg to the topping. Muffins were just under 150 calories and less than 22 net carbs with my changes. I will definitely make these again."
"Even better with finely chopped apple in batter. Makes 12 muffins easily."
"I tried these with whole wheat flour and they still turned out great! Easy healthy breakfast."
"Yummy, I used chunky homemade applesauce and left the topping off."