Applesauce Cinnamon Oat Muffins Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, combine the applesauce, milk, oil and egg white. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill muffin cups coated with cooking spray three-fourths full.
- Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 400° for 16-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 10 muffins.
Reviews for Applesauce Cinnamon Oat Muffins(5)
Sort By :
I tried these with whole wheat flour and they still turned out great! Easy healthy breakfast.
Yummy, I used chunky homemade applesauce and left the topping off.
very good - fast, inexpensive and tasty - just how we like them. I also used a whole egg since I was only making the muffins. May also try adding some nutmeg and apple chunks in the future.
A great healthy breakfast treat! I used a whole egg and they turned out wonderful. We have several quarts of home made applesauce, what a good way to use it up!
Made a double batch of these for a family get together and they were a big hit! Nice texture and flavor that goes well with lots of different meals!