- 4 slices cinnamon-raisin bread
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked apple chicken sausage links, cut diagonally in 1/2-inch thick slices
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) spring mix salad greens
- 2 cups fresh Bartlett pears, sliced vertically
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup dried sweet cherries
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cut each slice of bread into 12 cubes; scatter over a 15x10-in. pan. Bake until toasted, 8-10 minutes, stirring halfway. Cool 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine next six ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake until blended. In a large nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until browned and heated through, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Divide salad greens among four dinner-size plates; add sausage to each plate. Top with pear slices, walnuts, cherries and croutons. Shake dressing again; spoon over salad and serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Apple Sausage Salad with Cinnamon Vinaigrette
"Wow! The best croutons I have ever eaten! I added pistachios, a chopped apple, and a shredded carrot. So delicious! Thanks Kim, for sharing this recipe!"
"Absolutely loved this! The vinaigrette is amazing and the combo is great! I had picky eaters so I left off the walnuts and cherries and added a Cinnamon Apple cheese from Happy Farms!"