My family and friends always ask for my Apple Rhubarb Crumb Pie for birthdays and get-togethers. Everyone loves the unique flavor that the rhubarb adds to this pie. —Sherri Moon, Decatur, Indiana.
Recommended: 32 Sweet and Tart Rhubarb Dessert Recipes
- 1 refrigerated pie pastry
- 5 cups thinly sliced peeled Fuji apples (about 5 medium)
- 2 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb (1/2 inch thick), thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unroll pastry sheet into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edge. Refrigerate while preparing filling and topping.
- In a large bowl, combine apples and rhubarb. In a small bowl, mix sugar, flour and cinnamon; add to apple mixture and toss to coat. In a small bowl, mix the first five topping ingredients; cut in butter until crumbly. Transfer filling to crust; sprinkle with topping.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until topping is lightly browned and filling is bubbly. Cover edge loosely with foil during the last 20 minutes if needed to prevent overbrowning. Remove foil. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Apple Rhubarb Crumb Pie in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2016, p221
Reviews for Apple Rhubarb Crumb Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review