- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 jar (3 ounces) macadamia nuts, chopped
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, lemon peel, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add the apples and pineapple, toss to coat. Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish.
- In another bowl, combine oats, flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in nuts; sprinkle over apple mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes. Cover loosely with foil; bake 15 minutes longer or until apples are tender and topping is golden. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Apple Pineapple Crisp in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p61
Reviews for Apple Pineapple Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review