Apple Pie Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 cups diced peeled tart apples
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 12 slices day-old bread
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook apples and water over medium heat for 10 minutes or until apples are tender. Combine 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg; stir into apple mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice.
- Spread six slices of bread with 1/3 cup filling; top with remaining bread. In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs, milk, vanilla and remaining sugar.
- Dip sandwiches in egg mixture. Cook on a lightly greased hot griddle until golden brown on both sides. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Apple Pie Sandwiches(5)
Sort By :
Oh, so yummy & very filling! Next time, I might add a little cinnamon to the egg mixture to make it a little more like French toast. I've also made these using the apple pie filling that I canned. Just as good!
Yum! I will admit that I was a little skeptical when I saw this on the web and my little one wanted to try it. We did try it and loved it. I made it again over the weekend and added a very thin slice of cheddar cheese in the sandwich and oh my it was good. Thank you for submitting this recipe!
This was so yummy! ALL my picky eaters that hate french toast gobbles these delicious sandwiches. I will definately be making this again and again!
This is a great recipe! I also have made it with 1/2 tsp.-1 tsp. of maple flav. OR blk. walnut flav. added to the dipping mix for the sandwich. My granddaughters love it!
good alternative to syrup with french toast. As a desert I would prefer puff pastery. The filling is really good.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Pie >
- Apple Pie Recipes >
- Apple Pie Recipes with Fresh Apples >
- Apple Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- French Toast Recipes >