This ham has a wonderful orange glaze that makes it special for any family supper or holiday gathering. You can also insert whole cloves into the ham for added color and flavor.
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (6 to 7 pounds)
- 2 cups apple cider or apple juice
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Trim fat; score surface of ham, making diamond shapes 1/4 in. deep. Add cider and orange juice to pan. Loosely cover ham with foil; bake 1 hour.
- Combine remaining ingredients; brush some over ham. Bake, uncovered, 50-60 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140° and ham is heated through, brushing occasionally with glaze. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with remaining glaze. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Baked Ham with Orange Glaze in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2006, p133
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Apple-Orange Glazed Ham
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 19, 2012
"I made this ham for Easter dinner and it was delicious!"