Apple Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1 small onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Place the potatoes, apples and salt in a large saucepan; add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil; cover and cook for 12 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings. In the drippings, saute onion until tender.
- Drain the potatoes and apples. Add the butter, vinegar and sugar; mash until smooth. Top with bacon, onion and nutmeg. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Apple Mashed Potatoes(8)
Sort By :
super delicious ! I made it for Thankgiving and everybody loved it. Thank you for sharing.
super delicious ! I made it for Thankgiving and everybody loved it. Thank you for sharing
Made this tonight with pork. I followed the recipe exactly except I sauted the onion in some bacon grease, added the vinegar, butter, sugar and crumbled bacon and then added all to the potatoe/apples and mashed it all together. My husband and daughter loved this recipe. And it was so easy! And oh, so good!
I used to mix my mashed potatoes with apple sauce growing up and this is the adult version!! Awesome recipe and it has bacon, too! YUMMY!!
Sometimes I leave out the bacon due to some guests being vegetarian. Very tasty and goes with other meats