Spiced with cinnamon sticks and cloves, this warm-you-up sipper from our Test Kitchen is sure to chase away winter's chill. Serve brimming mugs of the hot beverage with your family's favorite cookies, muffin or bread.
- 4 cups apple cider or juice
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- In a large saucepan, combine the cider, cranberry juice and brown sugar. Place cloves and cinnamon sticks on a double thickness of cheesecloth; bring up corners of cloth and tie with kitchen string to form a bag. Add to pan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes. Discard spice bag. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Apple Cranberry Cider in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p6
Reviews for Apple Cranberry Cider
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 17, 2009
"I have used this recipe the last two Christmases. I have my brothers and sisters for breakfast. It is a delicious hot drink."