- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 pound)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on both sides; remove from pan.
- Add red pepper and onion to skillet; cook and stir 5 minutes. Stir in curry powder and garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in apples, peas, coconut milk and remaining salt.
- Return chicken to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 8-10 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Apple Chicken Curry
"A good curry and a nice balance of savory and sweet. This could easily be made with only veggies if you want a meatless dish...it's hearty. I like my curries saucier so I used a full can of coconut milk instead of. just the one-cup called for here. I would also season the chicken with slightly more salt and pepper next time."