When she was in college, my daughter introduced me to curry dishes. Now we love the aroma of apples baking with chicken, curry and coconut milk. —Dawn Elliott, Greenville, Michigan
Featured In: 95 Tasty Low-Carb Dinner Ideas
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 pound)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown chicken on both sides; remove from pan.
- Add red pepper and onion to skillet; cook and stir 5 minutes. Stir in curry powder and garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in apples, peas, coconut milk and remaining salt.
- Return chicken to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 8-10 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Apple Chicken Curry in Simple & Delicious August/September 2016
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Apple Chicken Curry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review