- 4 bone-in chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds), skin removed
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Place chicken in a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the broth, cider, vinegar, lemon juice and seasonings; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid. In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add cooking liquid. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Apple Balsamic Chicken
Sort By :
"Overall, this dish had a lot of flavor and was really good. The chicken was very tender but I was expecting a slightly sweeter sauce. Might add more apple juice next time. Also, I added some carrots, onions and chopped beets to the slow cooker and they were great also!"
"did not like this one as much as I do other recipes."
"This was good! There is enough sauce to have rice, couscous, or pasta on the side."
"I made this tonight and it was just so so. I used chicken breasts (boneless) and cooked it in the oven. I don't know if that would make that much difference, but I won't be making this again."
"Did not get sweet flavor at all, only strong vinegar flavor. Will try again with less vinegar and more apple."