Apple Balsamic Chicken Recipe
I just love the sweet and tart flavor that balsamic vinegar gives to this dish. It's easy to prepare and after cooking in the slow cooker, the chicken thighs are tender and flavorful.—Juli Snaer, Enid, Oklahoma
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds), skin removed
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Place chicken in a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the broth, cider, vinegar, lemon juice and seasonings; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid. In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add cooking liquid. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Apple Balsamic Chicken in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2013, p38
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Apple Balsamic Chicken(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 16, 2013
Tried this recipe out with a few of my bodybuilding friends big hit its a must try.