- 4 cups torn Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 3 medium Red and/or Golden Delicious apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon stone-ground mustard (whole grain)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3/4 cup walnut halves, toasted
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- In a salad bowl, combine the lettuce and apples. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, honey, mayonnaise, mustard seed, mustard, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese, walnuts and raisins. Serve immediately. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Apple, Blue Cheese & Bibb Salad
Sort By :
You can substitute other lettuces - my small local grocery didn't have any Bibb or Boston on hand the night I shopped so we used Romaine. Making a fresh dressing encouraged my picky daughter to try something besides ranch, she agreed this was good! No one in my family likes exactly the same salad toppings, so I tend to make individual salads - daughter doesn't like blue cheese and husband is allergic to walnuts.
New family favorite salad. Dressing is excellent as is the whole combo.
This salad is delicious. Makes enough dressing for additional salads, and the dressing keeps well in the frig. Thank you for a great recipe.
I thought is was wonderful, loved the dressing