- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 1 package (8 ounces) toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in oil and extract. Combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in almonds and toffee bits.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 9 dozen.
Reviews for Almond Toffee Sandies
Sort By :
These are absolutely delicious-- light, delicate and crispy. They bake quickly, and come off of the baking sheet with ease. I often halve the recipe, as the full recipe yields a HUGE batch.
I work as a pastry chef, and when I found this recipe I had to try them...I LOVE them! As did my customers! I used veg oil instead of the canola, but that's it, oh and made them giant, lol...Thank You for this wonderful recipe!!!
My favorite cookie. I took some to a bake sale and the next year the lady who bought them sought me out and asked if I had brought any that year.
To increase the wow factor, add 1 cup of shredded coconut! These are a family favorite!
I have been making these since I discovered the recipe. They are delicious! Something different than the standard chocolate chip or peanut butter. Something to keep in mind since this recipe was published the manufacturer has decided to cheat consumers out of their toffee pieces! What use to be a 10 ounce bag is now only 8 so plan to use a partial second bag. You won't be disappointed in this recipe.