- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 1 package (8 ounces) toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in oil and extract. Combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in almonds and toffee bits.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 9 dozen.
Reviews for Almond Toffee Sandies
Sort By :
"what kind of sugar do you use, is it regular su?gar and powered sugar"
"Forgot the confectionery sugar and they were still awesome!"
"These cookies are fantastic! I have made them about 3 times. They are a wonderful cookie to have with coffee and are full of buttery, toffee, nutty goodness. Thanks for sharing this great recipe. It has become my very favorite of all cookies. 5 stars!!"
"Suzanne, toffee bits are Heath's bits o' brickle. That's what I'm going to use. I have not made these yet, so I'll rate on eye appeal. Why do people change the recipe completely and then rate the original recipe?"
"These cookies are wonderful and addictive. I have made them several time and everyone just loves them. I will be making them again in a few days for my Christmas gifts to my neighbors. They have become my favorite cookie. Thanks for sharing!"