- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 1 package (8 ounces) toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in oil and extract. Combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in almonds and toffee bits.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 9 dozen.
Reviews for Almond Toffee Sandies
Sort By :
"Great reactions from everyone that had them. Definitely a keeper! I think next time I may get whole almonds and give them a rough chop instead of the sliced almonds."
"Oh how I wish I could stay out of these delicious cookies!!!"
"what kind of sugar do you use, is it regular su?gar and powered sugar"
"Forgot the confectionery sugar and they were still awesome!"
"These cookies are fantastic! I have made them about 3 times. They are a wonderful cookie to have with coffee and are full of buttery, toffee, nutty goodness. Thanks for sharing this great recipe. It has become my very favorite of all cookies. 5 stars!!"