- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sliced almonds
- 1 package (8 ounces) toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in oil and extract. Combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in almonds and toffee bits.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 9 dozen.
Reviews for Almond Toffee Sandies
Sort By :
"Definitely a keeper!!! So delicate, light and full of flavor. My husband, who never eats anything with almonds, loves them. It does make a huge batch. I refrigerated half the dough to use up later."
"These are absolutely delicious-- light, delicate and crispy. They bake quickly, and come off of the baking sheet with ease. I often halve the recipe, as the full recipe yields a HUGE batch."
"I work as a pastry chef, and when I found this recipe I had to try them...I LOVE them! As did my customers! I used veg oil instead of the canola, but that's it, oh and made them giant, lol...Thank You for this wonderful recipe!!!"
"My favorite cookie. I took some to a bake sale and the next year the lady who bought them sought me out and asked if I had brought any that year."
"To increase the wow factor, add 1 cup of shredded coconut! These are a family favorite!"