- 1 French bread baguette (1 pound), cut into 36 slices
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Dash salt
- Additional toasted almonds, optional
- Place bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 8-9 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cheese, mayonnaise, almonds, bacon, onion and salt. Spread over bread. Bake for 7-8 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with additional almonds if desired. Serve warm. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Almond-Bacon Cheese Crostini
Sort By :
"I would like an easy way to get to my recipe box if there is a way please let me know. I made the snicker doodles yesterday love them!"
"Love this recipe!!! Found it while going through my grandmother's Taste of Home magazine a few years ago. It's a huge hit at holiday parties...you must make a lot because they go quickly!! I drizzle a tiny bit of olive oil on each crostini before putting them into the oven, gives it an added tasty little crunch."
"My son just made these for his school project and it turned out great! sad to see it all go to class, except a few for us, that is ;-). We will be making this for our guess for our next get together."
"Haven't made yet, if they are as great soundng as others' reviews, they'd be mighty good!"
"I've been making these for years, after seeing the recipe in the first Taste of Home cookbook I bought. Love, love, love these and make them often"