- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1 can (16 ounces) red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk the lime juice, oil, chili powder, salt and pepper. Add the remaining ingredients and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 12 servings (2/3 cup each).
Reviews for Alfresco Bean Salad
Sort By :
"This is really good. I didn't have fresh cilantro so I used a small amount of dried, plus fresh chopped parsley."
"It was amazing! I added a little Tapatio to it and It was AMAZING!"
"Loved it! We made grilled hamburgers and I ended up eating this salad on top of my hamburger! It was delicious."
"This is a terrific salad and such a nice change from the usual three-bean salad. I usually leave out the onion and just add a little dried minced onion to the dressing. I left out the jalapeno, also, and substituted great northern beans for the garbanzos, which I do not care for. I think a chopped avocado, added at the last minute, would be a nice addition to this, but have not tried it."
"I made this without the tomatoes which probably took away from the appeal of the dish. If I make it again, I will definitely add tomatoes."