Deliciously sweet and aromatic, this side dish nicely spices up any traditional meal.—Kathleen Thorson, Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
- 6 medium parsnips, peeled and sliced (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar or honey
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 425°. Divide parsnips, carrots, leek and garlic between two 15x10x1-in. baking pans coated with cooking spray. Mix remaining ingredients; drizzle over vegetables. Toss to coat.
- Roast 20-25 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Agave Roasted Parsnips in Healthy Cooking October/November 2011, p47
Reviews for Agave Roasted Parsnips
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 21, 2011
"This is SO delicious...give it a try..."
Reviewed Oct. 14, 2011
"this is great!!!!!!!!!!!"