- 3 pounds potatoes (about 9 medium), peeled and quartered
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes. Beat in the cream cheese, butter, milk, salt and pepper until fluffy. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Spread sour cream over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with the cheddar cheese, bacon and chives. Bake 5 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for "Everything" Mashed Potato Casserole
Sort By :
"I doubled the recipe for a family potluck and received many compliments. I am making this again for Christmas dinner. Great way to do mashed potatoes in the absence of gravy. So delicious! Only advice I have is to add salt as needed, I didn't feel 1/4 tsp. was enough. So I tasted as I mixed."
"Perhaps it was because I used light sour cream, but the amount of sour cream used in the recipe made it too runny. I will make this again because it is REALLY tasty, but I will half the s.c. Overall delicious though!"
"I made this casserole for the first time a couple of years ago during the holidays. I actually did the shortcut by using instant mashed potatoes. The preparation takes a bit of time, it is well worth it. This dish had become a family favorite, and everyone requests me to make it for every special family get together or holiday. This dish is wonderful paired with any kind of meat or poultry. since we are on the respective low fat low sodium diet, I use fat free cream cheese and fat free cheddar cheese. The taste is still wonderful , creamy, delicious and filling. Definitely worth trying!"