- 1 quart apple juice
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 to 6 drops red food coloring, optional
- 5-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large kettle, combine apple juice, pectin, lemon juice and food coloring if desired; bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Quickly stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Stir in cinnamon. Pour hot into hot jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Adjust caps. Process for 5 minutes in a boiling-water bath. Yield: 7 half-pints.
Reviews forWinter Apple Jelly
"So easy to make with my 10 year old daughter and tastes great! I used the food coloring to make it look great."
"My son helped me make this jelly for holiday gifts and it turned out perfectly. We didn't use the red food coloring. It tastes just like apple cider. Delicious! I will definitely make this again."