Total TimePrep: 15 min. Process: 5 min.
- 3-1/2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 5 cups sugar
- In a Dutch oven, combine pomegranate juice and pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot liquid into six hot sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool.
Editor's NoteThe processing time listed is for altitudes of 1,000 feet or less. Add 1 minute to the processing time for each 1,000 feet of additional altitude.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 91 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Feb 18, 2015
We make a batch of this each year. It has a nice blend of sweet and tart and is pretty in the jar, too! It is great on toast or muffins, but equally good as a condiment with pork or chicken.
Sep 22, 2010
We have made this jelly two times and don't have much left. We keep sharing it with friends and they can't get enough. We have a rule that you must return the empty jar to get more jelly since the jar is the most expensive part of this recipe!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.